UKATA APPROVED LICENSED ASBESTOS REMOVAL NEW OPERATIVE DURATION 3 DAYS MAX 6 PERSONS
In Accordance with The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
HSE ACOP L143 and Chapter 4 of HSG247 Asbestos: The Licensed Contractors guide lays out the content of the asbestos training modules for Asbestos Removal Operatives, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Supervisory Licence Holders (SLH’s) and Ancillary Licensed Scaffolders that are involved in licensable work.
All information, instruction and training given should be suitable and sufficient for the job, using written materials and oral presentation with demonstrations and practical involvement as necessary. This course provides operatives with knowledge and understanding of asbestos removal procedures.
The course content is delivered via theory and practical training methods.
Topics Covered Include:
- Types, uses and risks of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Health Hazards of Asbestos
- RPE and PPE
- Site Set up & Dismantling
- Controlled Stripping/Removal Techniques
- Decontamination Procedures
- Cleaning and Clearance Air Testing
- Plant & Equipment
- Waste Management & Disposal
- Emergency Procedures
- Non Asbestos Hazards
- Fault Finding
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Site Inspections & Record Keeping
- Management Systems & Monitoring
Practical Training will include:
- Use and Maintenance of RPE
- Use of Control Measures
- Site Set Up, Enclosures, Airlocks etc
ATL Safety Training Centre is UKATA Approved and Verified for Category C training.
ATL Safety Limited’s New Operative training course is usually only offered as open courses at our dedicated training centre on the Hertfordshire / Cambridgeshire border.