UKATA APPROVED LICENSED SCAFFOLDER TRAINING THE CONTROL OF ASBESTOS REGULATIONS 2012
The requirement to carry out awareness training ACOP L143
This course is suitable for scaffolding companies who hold a valid HSE licence to carry out ancillary works with asbestos removal contractors or who are applying for their licence. This course provides employers and their scaffolding operatives with knowledge and understanding of asbestos, the risks from asbestos, and ACM’s in buildings and precautions to be taken when carrying out works ancillary to asbestos removal contractors.
The training will be carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive document HSG 247 ‘Chapter 4’ (Modules 20-23 & Modules 24 - 25).
Course content is delivered via theory and practical training methods. The training will be carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive document HSG 247 ‘Chapter 4’ (Modules 20-23 & Modules 24 - 25).
Topics covered include:
- Types, Uses and Risk Factors of Asbestos
- Health Effects of Exposure to Asbestos
- Typical Locations and Risks of ACMs in Buildings
- Types and Uses of PPE & RPE
- Decontamination and Transit Procedures
- Emergency Procedures for dealing with Accidental Exposure.
- Management Procedures and Site Set Up (Supervisors & Managers)
- Plans of Work and Risk Assessments, including Notification (Supervisors & Managers)
ATL Safety Limited can offer this course to the following delegates:
Scaffold Operatives – Duration ½ day
Scaffold Supervisors – Duration 1 Day
Scaffold Managers / Directors 1 Day
This course is usually offered as an In House option but can also be booked as a Training Centre Exclusive if required, should you not have suitable training room facilities at your premises.
Please contact us for more information on availability and costs on 01763 787640.
This course can be delivered...
In-house course booking Form
The benefits of in-house training?
- By arranging an in-house training course we come to you, this can save valuable time consuming travel and the inevitable and sometimes costly, expense of overnight accommodation involved in using external venues and hotels.
- You decide the dates you want the training to be carried out, we will come to your premises wherever and whenever it suits your workload.
- By utilising in-house training it becomes considerably more cost effective, a ‘one off’ fixed price covers up to the maximum number of delegates allowed on the course, this significantly reduces individual costs per delegate.
Booking Procedure (4 steps)
- Check the course details including the preferred date and start time you want.
- Provide contact information so we can get back to you regarding the enquiry.
- Review and sign our Terms and Conditions.
- We will check our tutor availability and come back to you with a quote and provisional booking for the training.