UKATA APPROVED LICENSED ASBESTOS REMOVAL NEW SUPERVISOR DURATION 2 DAYS (12 HOURS) MAX 6 PERSONS
In Accordance with The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
HSE ACOP L143 and Chapter 4 of HSG247 Asbestos: The Licensed Contractors guide sets out detailed content of the asbestos training modules for Asbestos Removal Supervisors that are involved in licensable work.
All information, instruction and training given should be suitable and sufficient for the job, using written materials and oral presentation with demonstrations and practical involvement as necessary. This course provides operatives with knowledge and understanding of asbestos removal procedures.
The course content is delivered via theory and practical training methods.
This course can only be offered to delegates who have had previous experience as an asbestos removal operative. Evidence will be required in the form of a previous valid UKATA certificate.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Asbestos (Review)
- Health Records & Medical Surveillance
- Enclosures & Site Set Up
- RPE & PPE - Use & Maintenance
- Hygiene Facilities & Decontamination
- Working Methods & Materials
- Asbestos Waste
- Accidents, Incidents & Emergencies
- Health & Safety Overview
- Role of the Supervisor
- Record Keeping & Inspections
- Site Documentation & Procedures
- Plan of Work – Notification & Assessment
- Maintenance of Equipment
- Fault Finding & Audit Checklist
- Site Clearance, Air Monitoring & the Analyst
Practical Training will be determined by a TNA and may include:
- Use and Maintenance of RPE
- Use of Control Measures
- Site Set Up, Enclosures, Airlocks etc
ATL Safety Training Centre is UKATA Approved and Verified for Category C training.
ATL Safety Limited’s New Supervisor training course is usually only offered as Open Courses at our dedicated training centre on the Hertfordshire / Cambridgeshire border.