The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, paragraph 386, states that …a full enclosure should be used for large-scale work (eg on textured coatings or artex)…where a full enclosure is used for non-licensable work, air extraction airflow rates as specified for licensable work should be used. Large Scale work is defined as any area greater the 1m2 in area. This additional requirement ensures that the spread of asbestos, when textured coating is removed, is prevented. The non-licensable works with ACMs training course is carried out in accordance with HSG 210 - Asbestos Essentials, which limits the delegates to removing up to 1m2. This course is designed to provide the practical skills for employees to correctly set up the site to facilitate removing larger areas of textured coating. This course does involve practical hands on training with textured coating.
If you have not attended a UKATA Non Licensed Works with ACMs course in the past three months, please contact us for more information on how to obtain this. We can offer this face to face training at our approved training centre (duration 1 day).
Topics covered include:
- Control of Asbestos Regulations requirements on textured coating removal
- Defining NNLW, Medical Requirements etc
- Air Movement and Negative Pressure Unit
- Practical Airlock Construction
- Practical Enclosure Construction
- Practical Textured Coating Removal
- Practical Decontamination
This course is follow on training and does not include asbestos awareness.
Course timings are as follows:
The course duration is 1 day, with the following course duration times:
09.00am - 4.00pm. This course is offered as an in-house option.
This course can be delivered...
In-house course booking Form
The benefits of in-house training?
- By arranging an in-house training course we come to you, this can save valuable time consuming travel and the inevitable and sometimes costly, expense of overnight accommodation involved in using external venues and hotels.
- You decide the dates you want the training to be carried out, we will come to your premises wherever and whenever it suits your workload.
- By utilising in-house training it becomes considerably more cost effective, a ‘one off’ fixed price covers up to the maximum number of delegates allowed on the course, this significantly reduces individual costs per delegate.
Booking Procedure (4 steps)
- Check the course details including the preferred date and start time you want.
- Provide contact information so we can get back to you regarding the enquiry.
- Review and sign our Terms and Conditions.
- We will check our tutor availability and come back to you with a quote and provisional booking for the training.