The control of asbestos regulations 2012, since November 2006, include the duty that employers shall provide appropriate training for all workers who are likely to be exposed to asbestos and to those who supervise or oversee works that might expose employees to asbestos.
Aimed at the principal contractors, project managers, site managers and site supervisors, this ONE day course will provide an understating of their requirements when planning for and managing asbestos removal contractors, analysts and surveyors.
Topics covered include:
- The history of asbestos
- Asbestos type’s properties and risks
- The health effects of exposure
- The type’s uses and risks of ACMs in buildings
- Emergency procedures to deal with accidental exposure
- Legislation, CAR, ACOPS, HSG
- Overview of the Duty to Manage asbestos in buildings
- The asbestos survey, surveyor and types
- Asbestos Removal, enclosure, decontamination etc
- Questions and Answers
This course can be delivered at your premises (In House) or a venue you book or we can hold the course at our training centre for you (Centre Exclusive)
At our training centre free parking and refreshments are provided.