UKATA Approved Open Course Asbestos Awareness ½ Day Course
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, since November 2006, sets out for ALL employers to provide appropriate training for all workers who are likely to be exposed to asbestos during the course of their daily work and to those who supervise or oversee works that might expose employees to asbestos.
The face to face course is suitable and fully compliant for construction and maintenance trades such as Plumbers, Carpenters, Electricians, Scaffolders and general allied trades, to provide them with a basic understating of the types and typical locations of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) as well as providing an understanding of the health risks associated with asbestos found within their workplace.
This course is also required by other trades working on pre 2000 properties and premises such as Cable TV and Satellite installers, Data and Telephone engineers, Fire and Security engineers Window & Door Replacement operatives, Electric Garage Doors and Gate systems, in fact anyone who might come foreseeably come across asbestos should be suitably and sufficiently trained.
Topics covered include in line with the HSE and UKATA syllabus are:-
- The history of asbestos.
- Asbestos types properties and risks.
- The health effects of exposure.
- The types uses and risks of ACMs in buildings.
- Emergency procedures to deal with accidental exposure.
- Legislation, CAR 2006, ACOPS, HSG.
- Questions and Answers
Courses are approximately 3 hours in duration held at your premises or a venue you have booked. Two courses may be held on the same day AM & PM sessions.
This training course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of asbestos ONLY, it will not provide information on how to carry out ANY work with asbestos. This is a UKATA approved Asbestos Awareness course and is aimed at workers who are likely to be exposed to asbestos but do not intentionally work with asbestos.
Course timings are as follows:
9.00am - 12.00pm (½ day).
The course can be held at your own premises; the maximum number of delegates we recommend are 15 per session.
This course can be delivered...
In-house course booking Form
The benefits of in-house training?
- By arranging an in-house training course we come to you, this can save valuable time consuming travel and the inevitable and sometimes costly, expense of overnight accommodation involved in using external venues and hotels.
- You decide the dates you want the training to be carried out, we will come to your premises wherever and whenever it suits your workload.
- By utilising in-house training it becomes considerably more cost effective, a ‘one off’ fixed price covers up to the maximum number of delegates allowed on the course, this significantly reduces individual costs per delegate.
Booking Procedure (4 steps)
- Check the course details including the preferred date and start time you want.
- Provide contact information so we can get back to you regarding the enquiry.
- Review and sign our Terms and Conditions.
- We will check our tutor availability and come back to you with a quote and provisional booking for the training.